Skull and Wine Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » critiques » skull and wine

Search Forum:

Skull and Wine

Posted by on 11.30.17

Skull and Wine

Hey Guys its Sergio Rodriguez, after 2 years since my first tattoo i did this "surrealistic" skull and wine , i want some feedback and critiques so i can grow as a tattoo artist, thanks for watching and taking your time to critique ;) 

Replies:

RE: Skull and Wine

Posted by on 03.19.18

Hey dude 

looking cool! I really like the smokiness, it’s saturated nicely and has some great flow! I think you got a good size for the leg as well. Some things I would offer would be giving the skull more contrast of light and dark so that it pops in front of the smokiness. Right now they look similar in values. I would add a heavier line weight on the hand holding the glass so that it comes in front of the rest of the image. Did you use a reference for the skull and hand? I think finding a proper photo of a skull that was super beat up and cracked might help so that you don’t have to make up cracks. I find making up where cracks go and how they look when you haven’t drawn enough of that from reference can give it a look that is less realistic. Same with the hand. Though I have no idea where one would find a reference of a skeletal hand holding a wine glass... so that’s super tough in itself. 

I hope that was helpful! Keep on rockin it! 

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email