critque me Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » critiques » critque me

Search Forum:

Baby name in blocks with stones around it

Posted by on 04.23.16

custom piece i did a few weeks ago switched to disposible catridge setup an im loving the outcome i used a 9mag and 7liner both bugpin and intense color liner ink

Replies:

RE: critque me

Posted by on 04.23.16

sorry for the repeat posts whenever I edit it just adds a post . I didnt know that again sorry everyone.

Posted by on 04.25.16

Hiya!

I think the blocks look amazing!  It would be a bit better if the pic was right side up in the post, but I can turn my head and see them pretty well. 

The rocks are lacking a bit for me.  The shading under them seems have no clear light source and also conflicts with the shading on the rocks themselves.  Maybe if you could help me understand the shading beneath the rocks?

I do really like how the greys of the rocks help the baby blocks' colors stand out.  Overall very nice!

SIerra

Posted by on 04.29.16
Good idea. But just not quite got it in the bag. Have a look at russ abbotts tattooing and theres a bit about his colour theory in the contents. It would have helped you alot. Your bricks dont have any 3d about them, that is where the colour theory would have helped you, your light souce is everywhere. Are they rocks or clouds.? To get this right you could have bought some blocks and placed some rocks picked a light souce took a few pics done a bit of photoshop and then the tattooing would have been alot easier. Doing things for real and taking photos as ref is a great thing to do you can move the blocks to get the best 3d out of them and sort everything out. You dont have to try and draw everything, use real life and photos, it just another medium to get great tattoos. A little photobooth with lights on ebay is very cheap, easy to set up and can make all the difference. I also use alot of 3d programmes as much as photoshop. Other things is line weight your bricks dont have any lines work? Why? Is it realism or a illustration. As guy would say lines would have made it pop out and doing line weight. Look in the content to look for line weight and how it would work for this..

Posted by on 04.29.16
Good idea. But just not quite got it in the bag. Have a look at russ abbotts tattooing and theres a bit about his colour theory in the contents. It would have helped you alot. Your bricks dont have any 3d about them, that is where the colour theory would have helped you, your light souce is everywhere. Are they rocks or clouds.? To get this right you could have bought some blocks and placed some rocks picked a light souce took a few pics done a bit of photoshop and then the tattooing would have been alot easier. Doing things for real and taking photos as ref is a great thing to do you can move the blocks to get the best 3d out of them and sort everything out. You dont have to try and draw everything, use real life and photos, it just another medium to get great tattoos. A little photobooth with lights on ebay is very cheap, easy to set up and can make all the difference. I also use alot of 3d programmes as much as photoshop. Other things is line weight your bricks dont have any lines work? Why? Is it realism or a illustration. As guy would say lines would have made it pop out and doing line weight. Look in the content to look for line weight and how it would work for this..

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email