Female tattoo artists Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » female tattoo artists

Search Forum:

Female tattoo artists

Posted by on 07.03.16

Hey, here's a super random question for the ladies tattooing here. Do you ever end up with bad posture because if you straighten up your breasts will be in the way of a client's hand or something? Sometimes I'll find a good position for the client to put their arm but then people get embarrassed or nervous about the boob proximity or I'll just not want my boobs brushing against a dude's hand etc. anyone else deal with that? 

Replies:

RE: Female tattoo artists

Posted by on 07.18.16

LOL I've wondered this too.  I haven't' figured out a better way of positioning, I need them where I need them, so I just play it by ear.  I generally don't even notice until someone sheepishly apologizes if their hand grazes a boob, and then I just try to laugh it off so they don't have to feel uncomfortable, but at that point I just try to pay more attention.  The only way around it seems to be tattooing from the side rather than the end of the arm rest, which will work for awhile, but some things just can't be done that way.  So I'll try to lighten the mood by saying something like, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to get all up in your space here to get this done, so if I'm making you uncomfortable please let me know!

I only care if it makes the client uncomfortable, it doesn't bother me at all.  If someone gets sassy with me, I have plenty of guys in my shop who have my back and I will kick a person out with a half finished tattoo if they cross the line.  But so far I've never had to.  If someone gives me a bad vibe from the start, I'll pass him off to one of the guys.  I don't need the money that bad.  Fortunately it's never really been an issue so I haven't had to do it more than once or twice.

Posted by on 04.07.18

I know this is an old thread but figured i would give my input anyways. I am a male so this isnt an issue for me but have you thought about using a small stool/tattoo chair with a small backrest that you can sit in backwards so your chest is leaning into the backrest and that might avoid the issue all together. anyways, hope that helps.

Posted by on 06.23.18

Thanks to both of you for the replies ?? I like the warning them that you’re going to need to get up in their business. That’s a good call. As is the chair if I can find something like that which is super comfy. 

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email