Critiques! Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » critiques » critiques

Search Forum:

Critiques!

Posted by on 01.26.16

Hi Guy and everyone in this forum!

my customer wanted the letters of his son "Mathieu" popping out of a keyboard, in black and grey. So I made him keyboard keys along with some negative space.

I would like to know what you guys think! 

:)

Replies:

RE: Critiques!

Posted by on 01.29.16

I think this is a pretty cool idea and tattoo. I like the flow and the negative space shapes. A couple things I see that could be tweaked is the line weight the "I" key is closer in space and should have a larger outline than the rest of the other keys. The idea is there it just needs to be pushed a little further. Along those same lines make sure that when you do different line weights that you pay attention to where the keys fall into line with each other in space. For example the "A" key is smaller than the "M" key which means it should have a less prominent line around it than the "M" key, but the "A" key has a slightly bigger outline and overlaps the bigger "M" key which makes it's relation in space a little confusing. I would hit the letters one more time if you can to make sure they're more prominent, the "A" is fading and it's a little difficult to make out. I really like the tattoo overall, it's well done and smooth, just needs a little push in some areas. Well done. 

RE: Critiques!

Posted by on 01.30.16

Thank you, I will probably work it out on photoshop and try to apply the things you wrote me. If I can tattoo this customer again I will try to do some adjustments on it. I very appreciated your critique. Thanks a lot!!

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email