Old man winter sketch for tattoo Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » critiques » old man winter sketch for tattoo

Search Forum:

Old man winter sketch for tattoo

Posted by on 03.22.16

Hello :)

so my client wants old man winter blowing snowflakes and wind towards mountains (somewhat resembling mountains from Busch beer logo) on his outer forearm as well as a heart that was a pattern in his dog's chest hair (who has passed away). He was hoping that I could sort of combine the two pieces so the heart is on the inner forearm. So the drawing looks a little strange and I'm sure I'll have to do some markers to make sure that area looks good once its actually on the skin but I wanted to see if there was anything that can be thought about during the final drawing. You can see this was a tiny sketch.

thank you for any feedback.

Replies:

RE: Old man winter sketch for tattoo

Posted by on 03.29.16

Did you started this tattoo already? I'm curious about how would that fit the forearm! =) The drawing looks cool, and that thing about the dogs chest pattern is crazy hehe

Posted by on 03.29.16

Thank you for your reply. It's to go on the outer forearm, old man winter at the wrist, mountains before the elbow and the heart shape flowing into the inner forearm. :) I haven't tattooed this yet or even done the large drawing yet so any feedback can be helpful before I do that :)

Posted by on 05.07.16

I'm curious to see this tattoo! How is it going? haha

Posted by on 05.18.16

Hey ?? So here's the finished piece. Took 4 hours. He's super stoked on it and I was rather happy as well. A couple parts in the smoke where I feel like I should have gone a wee bit lighter but I'll see how it heals. 

Posted by on 06.03.16

Finally! hehehe

It looks nice man, wanna see it healed, but it has some strong contrast as far as I can see! Good job!

Posted by on 06.04.16

The design is solid and great job incorporating the heart pattern with the wind element.  In the tattoo itself i thinnk punching the black saturation in further around the face, the shaded elements in the wind behind the snowflake, and around the silhoutte of the mountain might make it more vibrant.  Maybe play around with the current photo you posted in photoshop and see what its like.

Posted by on 06.05.16

Thank you so much for the feedback, guys! I'll definitely see if I can get another look at it all healed up so that I can tell where it can use some pumped up contrast. If I get a photo I'll put it up here. I see the face for sure could use some extra black in the shadows. I think he's getting another tattoo this summer so I can probably convince him to take a little bit of time on this arm :)

Posted by on 02.17.17

Is really nice piece love the details on the snowflakes ....I just feel the wind is a little hard compared to the snowflakes maybe...the wind could have softened a bit ....well executed though ...one sitting ?

Posted by on 04.10.17

Fully healed

Posted by on 04.10.17

Oh and yes it was one sitting. 

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email