Sacred Tree Round #2 Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » critiques » sacred tree round 2

Search Forum:

Sacred Tree Round 2 and 3

Posted by on 12.25.15

Thank you for the first critique, after that I went back and re-thought my pos/neg relationships. The tree will have a slight glow around it to separate it from the space background, which will be darker than the nebulas. For the branches I was going to have the foreground branches be darker to contrast them from the geo forms, as for the branches behind the geo form I was going to have them fade from darker to lighter as they get closer to the geo form. This second session was the first go at using an Inkjecta as well, definitely something I'll have to get used since I've always ran coils, but it was a pretty good first experience.

01/9/16   Got another session down on this piece now to start the outer glow of the tree and spacey background.

Replies:

RE: Sacred Tree Round #2

Posted by on 01.10.16

Coming together nicely! When you do the space, you should ask yourself: Which will be darker overall, the space or the tree? Then aim to make them obviously different in value when viewed from a distance. If you darken the tree you'll want a large bright glow around it. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

RE: Sacred Tree Round #2

Posted by on 01.26.16

I like it! It is very original. I like the way you put the puzzle piece in the tree. :D

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email