Conventions, guest spots, and travel!! Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » conventions guest spots and travel

Search Forum:

Conventions, guest spots, and travel!!

Posted by on 03.30.16

I am looking at starting to do guest spots and putting in some time on the convention circuit and have never flown or travelled with my equipment. I've done a few local conventions (Seattle and Portland), which are in all in driving distance so this was never a consideration. What I would like to know is how does everybody do it? What do take with you on the plane? What do you put in checked baggage? How do you pack it? Do you travel/pack differently for guest spots versus conventions? 

Replies:

RE: Conventions, guest spots, and travel!!

Posted by on 04.05.16

I am extra careful so I carry my stuff in my carry on so it doesn't leave my sight, and just in case we get separated, I've heard of guys losing they're bags and having to buy new equipment for the particular convention. Double bag ur inks , security is familiar with tattoo equipment these days

Posted by on 04.11.16

I usually fly southwest and so I always check my inks......however i carry my mchines and my needles through security....tat soul makes a backpack that is stellar for the travelling artist. Overall this has sufficed, the biggest challenge you are going to face is positioning the client at the conventions....I have checked my massage table when I fly....and if you fly southwest it is free to check. 

Posted by on 04.13.16

Thanks guys! That's all good info. So bulk of equipment goes into the checked luggage. Machines and super important small stuff in carry-on!! Also, I might not have thought to double bag my inks. That could be messy!

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email