Guest Spot Fee Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » guest spot fee

Search Forum:

Guest Spot Fee

Posted by on 06.09.16

So, I'm trying to schedule a guest spot for a week in a studio in Sao Paulo, and they charge 50% of what I will earn, to tattoo there (all materials are theirs except for power supply and the machines).

What do you guys usually do when guest spotting? Maybe doube the price? Because I will have all the travel expenses and such...

Thanks!

Replies:

RE: Guest Spot Fee

Posted by on 06.15.16

I think that is a fair cut, or close to it... I'm doing a 60/40 cut on my next guestspot, but I'm supplying my own inks, needles, tubes, etc, which is similar to what I do at my home shop... how is the cut at your home shop?  

Posted by on 06.15.16

I'm the owner of my studio!

But do you think I should raise my price for the guest spot? Well, maybe not double it, but a 50% raise probably? I've never made any guest spot, it's gonna be the 1st time I tattoo outside my own studio (except for a flash day I did on a friends bar/studio, haha)

Posted by on 11.08.16

Im my experience gusest spotting is about working while takin gthe adventure.....50% is a bit high....usually 30% is around norm...becasue they are going to use you to attract business as well....so it is not just always about them. However travel expenses are a fact of life....and I have never charged double to cover them...and I have never paid double to any tattooer simply for travel. I have paid a convention premium of around 10-20%......

In my view the best you can do is charge 10% more....cover your travel costs and relish the fact you are getting paid to hang out in a cool place and see some cool shit.....and that one of the reasons we get into the business....charging double just seems like a bad move ......my usual is 10% higher and my expectation is always to break even and have my vaction paid for 

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email