Ink spreading below the epidermis Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » ink spreading below the epidermis

Search Forum:

Ink spreading below the epidermis

Posted by on 07.15.16

Ok, I have this client where her skin is slightly blue after the tattoo is healed (tattoo was made 2 months ago).

I have no idea what this is, and it has never happened to any of my clients before! I asked her to go to a dermatologist to check it out. 

Has this happened to any of you guys clients? Its only on the inner part of the forearm, near the dark blues. Ink is Eternal btw!

Replies:

RE: Ink spreading below the epidermis

Posted by on 07.15.16

I have seen that before and tattooed over it. Not positive what it was but it looked like a bruise almost. I figured what you figured, that it had gone into the hypodermis and spread.

Posted by on 07.15.16

And the one I saw was done by someone else so I couldn't be sure of technique used that did it. But the other parts did look deeply done. Though yours doesn't look too deep

Posted by on 07.16.16
That was the 1st time this happened to a client of mine, and the rest of the tattoo is perfectly healed so far! She will look into a dermatologist soon, and i will let you guys know what it was.

Posted by on 09.10.16
Ive seen this loads of times. Its a blowout. You have gone to deep into the skin and the outline hasent contained the colour. Some people have thin skin and it cant be helped, you just have to be mindfull next time. You will never be able to get rid of it, it happened because you used a dark blue, concentrates like dark blue can do this alot. Back in the day about 10 years ago i used to use starbright and you had to be so carefull when using dark blue or green. I know of some cases where its spead so bad its coloured the whole arm a light blue. The only way to get rid is to lazer it or cover it up. Black concentrates like xxx can do the same, under the arm and very soft places is where it can happen the most.

Posted by on 09.10.16
Ive seen this loads of times. Its a blowout. You have gone to deep into the skin and the outline hasent contained the colour. Some people have thin skin and it cant be helped, you just have to be mindfull next time. You will never be able to get rid of it, it happened because you used a dark blue, concentrates like dark blue can do this alot. Back in the day about 10 years ago i used to use starbright and you had to be so carefull when using dark blue or green. I know of some cases where its spead so bad its coloured the whole arm a light blue. The only way to get rid is to lazer it or cover it up. Black concentrates like xxx can do the same, under the arm and very soft places is where it can happen the most.

Posted by on 09.10.16

Posted by on 09.10.16
Sorry about it going in 3 times this forum is just so bad you can never till if its done it or not on a phone.. thats why i cant be done with this forum. Its the worse thing about this.

Posted by on 09.12.16

Thanks for the answer man! Yeah, the forum is pretty bad atm, thats why i only saw your answers today =/

Posted by on 11.08.16

Agreed....in my ealry days I had a few of these....and it is where the ink moves due to being paced in too deep.....it is a blow out. The area you described is famous for it due to the thin skin. We see this alot with older folks as well....and as our colleague wrote...with heavy concentrated colors. And unfortunately there is not much to be done now.

I will tell you that SOME individuals are more prone to having this happen ( I had n artist orking for me that is nottoriously light handed and his work always heals softly...) and his client had the worst case I ever saw.....so SOMETIMES you get set up from the start...and the client has no idea. My recommendation is watch ur speed and stretch in those areas to make sure u dont contribute to the issue.....work low and slow. 

Sorry this happened to ya bud......our medium is super challanging sometimes due the to the variation in canvas 

Posted by on 11.08.16

Agreed....in my ealry days I had a few of these....and it is where the ink moves due to being paced in too deep.....it is a blow out. The area you described is famous for it due to the thin skin. We see this alot with older folks as well....and as our colleague wrote...with heavy concentrated colors. And unfortunately there is not much to be done now.

I will tell you that SOME individuals are more prone to having this happen ( I had n artist orking for me that is nottoriously light handed and his work always heals softly...) and his client had the worst case I ever saw.....so SOMETIMES you get set up from the start...and the client has no idea. My recommendation is watch ur speed and stretch in those areas to make sure u dont contribute to the issue.....work low and slow. 

Sorry this happened to ya bud......our medium is super challanging sometimes due the to the variation in canvas 

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email