Justin Klink from Hermitage PA Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » introduce yourself » justin klink from hermitage pa

Search Forum:

Justin Klink from Hermitage PA

Posted by on 12.31.15
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 30 year old tattoo artist from a small town in western PA. I live in the rust belt, almost midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I'm a short drive over the border from the infamous Youngstown Ohio. I started an apprenticeship in 2004 under a man who had little interest in teaching me. I was lucky that the other artist there allowed me to learn off of him when it was possible. It was an old school style apprenticeship, I watched him kids, mowed his lawn, drove him around, tore apart a truck, cleaned the shop, set up appointments, so on and so on. After almost 2 years I had enough and left. In 2007 I started tattooing with Ken Zagger, the artist that was mentoring me at that studio, when the owner was using me. We opened a by appointment only studio and have worked together ever since. Like many small town artists, expanding my abilities has been slow going. I see progress every year, but am looking forward to taking many more steps forward thanks to the education I can recieve here. I do not have any structured art education. I buy what books I can and have enjoyed informational dvd's from the likes of Mike Devries, Nikko, and others. Anyhow, enough rambling from me. I just wanted to introduce myself a bit and tell everyone I look forward to having this forum as another outlet to expand my knowledge and abilities. I hope everyone has a great new years!

Replies:

RE: Justin Klink from Hermitage PA

Posted by on 01.06.16

Hi Justin 

Just wanted to make contact and say hello! How are you finding this app so far? 

RE: Justin Klink from Hermitage PA

Posted by on 01.07.16
I am very much enjoying the app so far! I am ashamed that I have been tattooing this long and have yet to read Reinventing the Tattoo. I'm not afraid to say that it has reshaped my approach to my work already.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email