Cartridge preference Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » cartridge preference

Search Forum:

Cartridge preference

Posted by on 12.29.15

Hi all-

I have been looking into getting a cartridge style machine, and am curious on what your favorite/preferred cartridge brands might be?

Thanks!

Replies:

RE: Cartridge preference

Posted by on 12.31.15
Hello, I jumped into the cartridge world about a year ago. As far as machines go, I personally am running 2 Spektra edge x (dedicated cartridge machine), an HM direct drive, and a Valor set up for cartridges (magnet removed). The artist I work with is now using a flite v2 and is loving it. I will likely pick up their latest model when it is released. As far as cartridge makers, I have been using T-Tech a lot. I have heard good things about slot locks and am going to try them out soon. There are more and more companies coming out with their own cartridges. It's hard to know what is just Chinese made in the same factory with different packaging. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.

Posted by on 12.31.15
Hello, I jumped into the cartridge world about a year ago. As far as machines go, I personally am running 2 Spektra edge x (dedicated cartridge machine), an HM direct drive, and a Valor set up for cartridges (magnet removed). The artist I work with is now using a flite v2 and is loving it. I will likely pick up their latest model when it is released. As far as cartridge makers, I have been using T-Tech a lot. I have heard good things about slot locks and am going to try them out soon. There are more and more companies coming out with their own cartridges. It's hard to know what is just Chinese made in the same factory with different packaging. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.

Posted by on 01.01.16

Thanks so much for the info! Those are the main cartridges I have been looking at. Was curious if the quality is pretty consistent. 

Posted by on 01.07.16
I have been pleasantly surprised with the consistency and quality of the T-Tech cartridges. I do wish that the mags had less material around the outside edge of the tips. Once you get used to that, it's not a real issue. I have been holding out hope that TatSoul (I love their standard envy needles) will come out with their own cartridges, but I haven't heard anything. I see that Electric ink will soon be releasing their own cartridges in the near future. I would advise to try out a few different brands and see what you like best.

Posted by on 01.12.16

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Posted by on 02.18.16
You can mod t-tech to take any needles it's very simple to do. Take the back cap off the t-tech can be done with a simple pair of pliers. Don't go manly on it is just a little side to side movement. Once open hold the needle with the pliers and twist then a little pull and out comes the needles from the plastic. Once out measure up against any needle you like envy is my normal replacement cut the needle bar to length. Reinstall back where the needle came from fit back together make sure you get the cap the right way round and you have installed the rubber band. I normally push mine a few time to make sure it's free and you are good to go.. easy.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email