Colour Ink - What are you using? Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » colour ink what are you using

Search Forum:

Colour Ink - What are you using?

Posted by on 02.13.16

I am looking to try out some new colour ink brands, I am currently using eternal ink.

What is everyone using & recommending, is there any brands you have used & not been satisified with/why?

Lets try & get some more more activity on the forum, if people can start adding some new topics for discussion that would be great

Thanks

Replies:

RE: Colour Ink - What are you using?

Posted by on 02.18.16

i use fusion for all my colour work, id recommend it ive never had a problem! 

Black and grey not settled on anything im over keen on yet, been making my own greywash with dynamic for the last year or so but not fully sold on it yet it would be interesting to hear others recommendations on that too? 

Posted by on 02.18.16
I use fusion at the moment I have for a few years now, some colours go in great others can be a real pain. As for bng I too use dynamic as a drop system . I've been using certain drop amounts then tattoo myself on my crap leg little squares of colour till I'm happy with what the drop turns out like. I'm starting to get it right to how I want. As for white I'm using dynamic though it is very thick but I do like silver back white totally the opposite. I do like the new colours fusion has brought out I'm into mixing opaque greys with bng at the moment

Posted by on 02.18.16
Hello, I always love talking about different ink brands. Personally, I use mostly Fusion ink. Some brands I use along with Fusion are Eternal, Formula 51 (some great muted colors), Solid ink (has gone in easy and healed bright), Electric ink, and I still use Intenze periwinkle. I used to use all Intenze, but have found Fusion to work best for me. I would not limit yourself to one or two brands. Try colors from reputable brands that you really like. Get a few 1/2 oz. bottles and give them a try. For my black ink I have used Dynamic for 8 years. The past 6 months, I have used Silverback Instablack. For wash, I have been using silverback insta shade 8, 5, and 2 along with a cap or two of their clear solution. I have the whole set but tend to use only those mixes. I have used fusions wash set and can't complain. I used tojust mix dynamic with distilled water but prefer the consistency and ease of the premixed sets. I read that Intenze has put out an updated version of the Bob Tyrell's grey wash series. Might be something to look into.

Posted by on 02.19.16

Looks like fusion is very popular, I will buy a few tones to try before investing in a set, thanks for the recommendations guys

Posted by on 02.26.16
Hi! I use fusion and dynamic as well, even if in Spain (where I live and work) is illigal to use not health department certified tattoo inks. The only fusion color I'm not totally happy with is brown , they call it "power brown". I'm quite faithful to fusion also because they are vegan friendly and I like to offer a vegan friendly tattoo to my customers, since a lot of them are vegan and quite concerned with the composition of the inks. In the past I used waverly ink just for my vegan customers, but I was really unhappy with the results, expecially colors. See you! Ciao

Posted by on 03.14.16

I've been using eternal ink for some months now (used electric ink before), and I found them amazing. I built a pallete with 20 colors and I'm trying to reduce them whenever I can, mixing some ink on the the fly while tattooing. For black, I started using Dynamic last week, it's amazing. Need to get used to the drop system on my greywashes though!

Posted by on 03.17.16

Dynamic Black for lines & grey washes, Triple black by eternal for filling. 90 % Eternal for colors and 10 % mix of Establish by pulse, and starbrite for white.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email