Finger tattoos Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » finger tattoos

Search Forum:

Finger tattoos

Posted by on 03.02.16
So lets discuss this horrible trend, I'm talking about writing on the side of fingers, portraits on fingers etc Do you refuse to do them? Do you advise against it? Do you charge a high amount to deter people? Do you think people have unrealistic expectations of what to expect post healing? Do you offer 1 free correction after healing or do you charge a fee? Do you advise specific aftercare,hand sanitizer instead of soap and water? Do you find putting the ink in with a certain size needle or technique gives you a better result? Do you show people before and after photos of finger tattoos to show them what to expect after healing? Please discuss ideas and thoughts, don't forget to add more subjects to discuss

Replies:

RE: Finger tattoos

Posted by on 03.03.16

First off, I follow the rule that if you're not significantly sleeved, I won't generally tattoo your hands or fingers. That being said I will usually tell people how horrible of an idea they are, the fallout rate, the inability to get true detail in, the aging, etc. I do everything I can to educate and inform them the usual results of getting tattooed there. After that, I offer alternatives such as getting the tattoo in a different location. Many times it's a younger girl with very few tattoos and I do end up refusing them.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email