Outline ink Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » outline ink

Search Forum:

Outline ink

Posted by on 01.10.16

Hey guys hows it going? I was wondering what ink you prefer for outlining, I have been using stupid black from silverback for a while but  I'm not 100% happy with it, I have noticed that it doesnt stay black once healed, it turns a smoky grayish black color, but I've noticed other tattoos and they are a really deep black. thanks for your help.

Replies:

RE: Outline ink

Posted by on 01.10.16

I use Kuro sumi for outlining, also I previously used panthera black and is was good too.

I know a few artists who swear by dynamic aswell but I am yet to try using it myself but it heals nice and black in my skin

Posted by on 01.11.16
Thank you for the help, I'm going to try these to see which one I like better, I appreciate it

Posted by on 01.21.16
I have used Dynamic Black as my outline ink for the majority of my career. I also like Silverback instablack for lining. Bottles of black are fairly inexpensive, give a few different ones a try to see what works best for you.

Posted by on 01.24.16

I use Dynamic, I like it alot. I have a co-worker who uses Eternal's trible black and swears by it. I used it and liked it but it's a little thicker than I am used to and went back to my Dynamic. The trible black does look darker side by side in a tattoo session. I have not seen a healed side by side but did a few tattoos a few weeks back with both (picked a shadow area to push to the darkest using trible black) to see if it healed differently... waiting for the verdict.

Posted by on 01.24.16

I use Dynamic, I like it alot. I have a co-worker who uses Eternal's trible black and swears by it. I used it and liked it but it's a little thicker than I am used to and went back to my Dynamic. The trible black does look darker side by side in a tattoo session. I have not seen a healed side by side but did a few tattoos a few weeks back with both (picked a shadow area to push to the darkest using trible black) to see if it healed differently... waiting for the verdict.

Posted by on 01.24.16

Thank you guys I appreciate it, I already got some Pantera, kuro Sumi, dynamic and radiant harajuku, I'll check on those once they're healed to see what works best

Posted by on 01.26.16

I use Dynamic; it is very thin and heals blacker than everything else I've tried. I used to line with Eternal lining black, but I find it too thick. Same thing for Intenze, a little too thick for me. I also tried Zuper Black for lining but hated it, I preferred it for packing.

Posted by on 02.02.16

I use dynamic but I learnt by using talens. I still use diluted talens for my greyshades. Also I'll use talens if a customer has an allergy. 

Posted by on 02.26.16
I used dynamic or kuro sumi for a long time, but now I switched to fusion power black, frankly I'm happier with fusion. It seams to me that it stays more black, even on Mediterranean skin!

Posted by on 03.17.16

Dynamic Black all day.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email