question for Guy, injecta flite Reinventing The Tattoo
Webinars

Reinventing The Tattoo Forum

Home » general talk » question for guy injecta flite

Search Forum:

question for Guy, injecta flite

Posted by on 01.31.16

would it be at all possible for guy to do a small video on his use of the flite machine? maybe in a similar angle to the rose tattoo in the archives so its possible to see the needle/hand movements ? ive been tattooing a few years with coil machines and have no problems with them, other than the need to retuning regular and having a couple of machines set up, ive tried to make the switch over to rotaries a couple of times but not had the best results, just cant seem to get my head around layering with such a hard hitting machines. but the appeal of the ease of cartridges makes me want to make the change over. it would be so helpful to me transitioning over, and im sure many others, to see guys technique with the inkjecta 

many thanks 

Replies:

RE: question for Guy, injecta flite

Posted by on 02.03.16

Hi,

I just got an Inkjecta and have only tattooed with it once so far. The Inkjecta site seems to be primarily promotion based videos. The instructions in the box mentioned "Flite school" on the website but I couldn't locate it. I haven't had much luck finding info on using the machine, but am interested in hearing other peoples perspective on it. This is also my first time using the cartridge system. So far it is startlingly easy to use. I'm a little confused about the possible combinations of cams and flex bar tension, I started with medium in both cases. I will be using this machine as much as possible from here on out and will check back on this thread as time goes by. Maybe a video would be a good thing!

RE: question for Guy, injecta flite

Posted by on 02.18.16
I've used the flite for around 2 years now. I've been all over the cams and bars and volts. At the moment I use a med bar 2.5 cam and yep 15v that's for bng. For my colour machine I'm using rigid bar 4mm and also 15v. Mostly use t-tech and I sometimes mod them with other needles. I'm now moding the cam at the moment to see if I can make it more grunt for solid colour. It does seem to lack grunt. You can turn the flite right up to 19v if your power pack allows. I've tattooed at 18v no problem. Oh the bars work by ovaling the throw it's hard to explain with out pics but if you put in a soft bar on 2.5cam you watch at the top you will see a oval circle in the movement in the right light just around where the bar meets the cam. If you then put in a rigid bar the oval turns to a circle the cam size only makes the oval or circle bigger. So how I think it works is the oval or circle shows how the needles are moving and how long it stays in the skin. I've photographed every cam and bar to see it happening. I'll have to use a computer to upload the pics as you can't on a android phone.

Need technical support? Call (413) 585-9134 or email